ERROR: Error during historization of data of report

Highlighted
One Star

ERROR: Error during historization of data of report

Hi,

While generating the reports from Unix, I am getting the below error since the past couple of hours. Everything was working fine until then. I made a workspace copy to incorporate soem change in few "where" conditions in the SQL and ever since, the below error is cropping up.

"ERROR: Error during historization of data of report <report_name> : Index: 0, Size: 0"

Now none of the analysis are running. All of them are failing with the above error.

PS: I saw that a bug was tracked for this sometime ago and the latest entry in it says the issue is fixed. (http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=16372)

Can you please let me know what can be done to fix this?

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Re: ERROR: Error during historization of data of report

Hi Mythili

how did you make the copy of your workspace?
One Star

Sebastiao,

I use the tool SSH Tectia (version 4.4.10, Build 8) to transfer the workspace. It is just a drag-and-drop that needs to be done.
I always encounter 115 errors during transfer (Eg: PFA sample). But it has not affected generating reports until now.

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Do you connect to this workspace with the same studio?
If no, then please check that the reporting database is correctly configured in the preference page.
If yes, can you open your analyses and reports in the studio?

Is there any other error before this error in the error log? Some analysis not running... ?
One Star

Yes, I am able to successfully run the analysis on windows.
However, I am unable to run the analysis for the other issue which I had reported - reg PK-FK analysis (http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15389). Now, the analysis fails no matter where the "where" condition is entered.

Also, prior to getting this issue, a couple of analysis failed. They have pretty huge log messages. I am pasting only the first few lines below.

create table TDQ_ANALYSIS (AN_PK integer generated by default as identity (start with 1), AN_UUID varchar(50) not null, AN_LABEL varchar(255) not null, AN_CREATION_DATE timestamp not null, AN_AUTHOR varchar(255) not null, AN_DATA_FILTER varchar(1000) not null, AN_STATUS varchar(20) not null, REP_UUID varchar(50) not null, REP_CREATION_DATE timestamp not null, REP_LABEL varchar(255) not null, REP_AUTHOR varchar(255) not null, REP_STATUS varchar(20) not null, AN_BEGIN_DATE timestamp not null, AN_END_DATE timestamp not null, AN_VERSION integer not null, AN_PURPOSE varchar(255) not null, AN_DESCRIPTION varchar(1000) not null, REP_PURPOSE varchar(255) not null, REP_DESCRIPTION varchar(1000) not null, primary key (AN_PK))
ERROR: Unsuccessful: create table TDQ_ANALYSIS (AN_PK integer generated by default as identity (start with 1), AN_UUID varchar(50) not null, AN_LABEL varchar(255) not null, AN_CREATION_DATE timestamp not null, AN_AUTHOR varchar(255) not null, AN_DATA_FILTER varchar(1000) not null, AN_STATUS varchar(20) not null, REP_UUID varchar(50) not null, REP_CREATION_DATE timestamp not null, REP_LABEL varchar(255) not null, REP_AUTHOR varchar(255) not null, REP_STATUS varchar(20) not null, AN_BEGIN_DATE timestamp not null, AN_END_DATE timestamp not null, AN_VERSION integer not null, AN_PURPOSE varchar(255) not null, AN_DESCRIPTION varchar(1000) not null, REP_PURPOSE varchar(255) not null, REP_DESCRIPTION varchar(1000) not null, primary key (AN_PK))
ERROR: Table already exists: TDQ_ANALYSIS in statement [create table TDQ_ANALYSIS]
create table TDQ_ANALYZED_ELEMENT (ELT_PK integer generated by default as identity (start with 1), ELT_UUID varchar(50) not null, ELT_CONNECTION_UUID varchar(50) not null, ELT_CONNECTION_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_CATALOG_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_SCHEMA_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_TABLE_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_COLUMN_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_BEGIN_DATE timestamp not null, ELT_END_DATE timestamp not null, ELT_VERSION integer not null, ELT_CONNECTION_URL varchar(200) not null, ELT_SIZE integer not null, primary key (ELT_PK))
ERROR: Unsuccessful: create table TDQ_ANALYZED_ELEMENT (ELT_PK integer generated by default as identity (start with 1), ELT_UUID varchar(50) not null, ELT_CONNECTION_UUID varchar(50) not null, ELT_CONNECTION_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_CATALOG_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_SCHEMA_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_TABLE_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_COLUMN_NAME varchar(255) not null, ELT_BEGIN_DATE timestamp not null, ELT_END_DATE timestamp not null, ELT_VERSION integer not null, ELT_CONNECTION_URL varchar(200) not null, ELT_SIZE integer not null, primary key (ELT_PK))
ERROR: Table already exists: TDQ_ANALYZED_ELEMENT in statement [create table TDQ_ANALYZED_ELEMENT]

Is there a database saturation point or something? Wherein no more data can be stored in the HSQL databases?
Would deleting the talend_dq.script script help? Would this file be re-created automatically?

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Are you using HSQL to store your analyses?
I advise you to MySQL instead.

HSQL is only to be used in a single studio (mainly for one user and for demonstration). If you have several studios which try to use the HSQL database, there may be trouble.
Given the error message you have, it seems that the studio is trying to create again the database which already exists.

Can you use MySQL?
One Star

Sebastiao,

Yes, we are currently using HSQL and we plan is to move to Oracle ASAP (once the other issue which I raised is fixed - https://community.talend.com/t5/Data-Quality-Preparation-and/Use-Oracle-as-DB-for-Data-profiler-Repo.... So I dont think using MySQL is an option now since I do not have it in my PC.

Would deleting the talend_dq.script script help? Would this file be re-created automatically?

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Of course you want to use Oracle. Sorry about the question with MySQL.
If you delete only the talend_dq.script, you may not be able to use this database anymore.

You may want to delete the whole TDQ_reporting_dq folder if you want to have an empty clean new database.
Then you just need to go in the preference page to initialize the HSQL database again (it will create the files again).
One Star

Hmm... Why do I need to reset the preferences in the GUI? I should be deleting the TDQ_reporting_dq folder on unix alone right?

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

you may try, but if I'm not wrong, the database is not initialized if you do not set it via the preference page (that may be different in older product versions). Hence, you should not be able to run a report if the database is not correctly configured and initialized.
One Star

Sebastiao,

We found out that the reason for the error was because of a corrupted "talend_dq.script" file. When we replaced the file with an older working version, we were able to run the jobs successfully. We are not sure what exactly was the reason for the file to get corrupted.

Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

good news.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality

Read