Conflict between Perl's Librairies and the Perl's executable

Hi everybody,
I work on my laptop and I have Oracle 10g R2 installed on it. When I install Perl v5.8.8 , I have a conflict and when we analyze the log file, this is the message :
Configuring Perl installation at C:\Perl
Perl lib version (v5.8.3) doesn't match executable version (v5.8.8) at E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Config.pm line 32.
Compilation failed in require at E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/DynaLoader.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/DynaLoader.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\site\5.8.3\lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Win32.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\site\5.8.3\lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Win32.pm line 42.
Compilation failed in require at C:\Perl\bin\IISScriptMap.pl line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\bin\IISScriptMap.pl line 16.
Configuring Perl installation at C:\Perl

What can I do in order to resolve this issue ???
Thanks for your Help.
Best regards,
Christophe
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Conflict between Perl's Librairies and the Perl's executable

Hi. I had a similar problem with Java and JVM on my machine at work that has Oracle client installed. Oracle updates the Windows path. Try putting your Perl directory in the path before Oracle. Maybe it will help.

Hi. I had a similar problem with Java and JVM on my machine at work that has Oracle client installed. Oracle updates the Windows path. Try putting your Perl directory in the path before Oracle. Maybe it will help.

Hello,
Thanks for your help pdeetlefs. It works now !!!!
If the problem arrives to someone, this is the actions in order to fix the problem:
1°) Display the environment variables
2°) Display the variable PER5LIB in the system variable.
3°) Add these paths C:\perl\lib and C:\perl\site\lib in first position if the perl software is installed in c:\.
Best regards.
Christophe
One Star

bonjour;
Moi aussi, j'ai la version 2.0 de TOS version perl intégré, et oracle 10gr2 EE sur ma station Win2000.
j'ai tjs le message : "Perl lib version (v5.8.3) doesn't match executable version (v5.8.8) at C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\....\Config.pm at line 32".
La solution est de positionner les lib PErl sous c:\ en v5.8.8 en premier avant celle d'Oracle en v5.8.3 PERLLIB=C:\perl\lib;C:\perl\site\lib;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\site\5.8.3;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\perl\site\5.8.3\lib;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\sysman\admin\scripts;
Merci
One Star

thanks for the reply and solution,it worked perfectly.
One Star

Thank You. It worked fine for me too. But please close the command prompt and open it again to make this change into effect.
Thanks,
Nikhil.
One Star

Thanks. The post has been real Life Saver.