Another dumb UDI question...

Highlighted
One Star

Another dumb UDI question...

Next dumb question from a non-Java person:

I have downloaded the test UDI and built the jar file, then set up the UDI as per the doco, shown below in the 2nd screen shot.
When I try to run the analysis, I get the message in the 1st screen shot.
Have I missed something here? Did I not set it up quite right, or is the jar file missing something that would lead to this?

Thanks in advance,
Stuart.

[Edit: images were loaded in reverse order...]
Employee

Re: Another dumb UDI question...

Hi Stuart,

did you select "java engine" in the analysis parameters section of the analysis editor?
One Star

scorreia wrote:
Hi Stuart,

did you select "java engine" in the analysis parameters section of the analysis editor?

Hi Sebastio,

No I didn't. Thanks for that. :-)
So if I understand this right, "SQL" means you use the DB engine to do the calcs in all cases, and if you specify "Java" it reads all of the data over into memory and does the various calcs itself? Just trying to understand it a bit better.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Stuart.
Employee

yes, exactly.
"SQL" engine will be faster because no data is retrieved by Open Profiler. Every indicator is computed by the DBMS and we simply retrieve the results.
"Java" engine is to be used mainly if you want to create java UDI, use the "date pattern frequency table" indicator, or profile a database which is not in the predefined list of databases.

Unfortunately, for the time being, Java computation of analyses won't allow you to browse into the data. We'll work on that for the next release.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality