Analysis Results Not Displaying

Highlighted
One Star

Analysis Results Not Displaying

Hello, 
The analysis results of a column analysis are not displaying after the analysis is run. What do I need to do to see the results?
The execution status is "success" and I have clicked on "Refresh Chart" but no luck. A screen shot is attached.
I'm using "Talend Open Studio for Data Quality", Version: 5.6.1, Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530
The file is a local CSV file. 

Thanks, 
Mike
One Star

Re: Analysis Results Not Displaying

did you select columns to analyze and set indicators for each column?
Employee

Have a look at the error log: http://www.talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bugtracker#attach_the_error_log_to_the_bugtracker
There may be an issue while reading the csv file.
One Star

Mike_West wrote:
did you select columns to analyze and set indicators for each column?

Yes
One Star

scorreia wrote:
Have a look at the error log:  
There may be an issue while reading the csv file.

Thanks. I'm new to reading error logs. It seems like it connects to the CSV, then the error comes up when it runs PaginationInfo. But I'm not sure how to read the error log. 
The error log is attached. 
Employee

a double-click on one of the error message will give us more information.
At least, the pagination mechanism seems to fail. That's probably the reason why you don't see any chart.
The most probably reason, IMO, is that your data is not properly handled by the profiler (maybe, the file delimited connection is not correctly configured).
Having a look at the detailed error will give you more information.
One Star

scorreia wrote:
a double-click on one of the error message will give us more information.
At least, the pagination mechanism seems to fail. That's probably the reason why you don't see any chart.
The most probably reason, IMO, is that your data is not properly handled by the profiler (maybe, the file delimited connection is not correctly configured).
Having a look at the detailed error will give you more information.

I think you're right with the data connection issue. The error shows "getCustomerDataset(Unknown Source)". 
The error message is pasted below. 
---
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:479)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.progress.ProgressUI.popProgressDialog(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.utils.pagination.PaginationInfo.renderContents(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.utils.pagination.UIPagination.refresh(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.utils.pagination.UIPagination.init(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.ColumnMasterDetailsPage.createPreviewCharts(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.ColumnMasterDetailsPage.refresh(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.RefreshChartAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.rcp.intro.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/dataprofiler/common/ui/editor/preview/CustomerDefaultCategoryDataset
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.preview.model.states.SimpleStatisticsState.getCustomerDataset(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.preview.model.states.AbstractChartTypeStates.getDataset(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.preview.model.states.SimpleStatisticsState.getChart(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.MasterPaginationInfo.createChart(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.MasterPaginationInfo.render(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.utils.pagination.PaginationInfo$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
... 37 more
---
I went to the "edit delimited file" dialogue, adjusted the settings on parsing the file, and the data looked good in the preview window. If it is indeed a connection issue, how do I test that the connection is configured correctly? 
One Star

I found a workaround...I ran a different version, TOS_DQ-20150128_1740-V5.5.2 

It works. 

Thanks, 
Mike
Employee

Hi okokok, 
I didn't get this issue on my side.
can you help to check the issue still exist on 5.6.1 after a restart the Studio.
if we still get this issue, can you help to check
-- can we get result on "Analysis Settings" page?

Thanks very much.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality