Accessing repository contents?

Highlighted
One Star

Accessing repository contents?

Hi all,

I have run analyses on data using TOP and I want to generate reports based off this data.
I know I can see the results in TOP, but I'm talking spreadsheets, dashboards, etc. I want control over the way I represent the results.

Can I do this? There's nothing about it in the users guide beside a vague reference to a "Data Quality Portal".
I'm sure there must be a way, because the use of the product would be quite limited without some sort of reporting / export facility.

TIA.
Employee

Re: Accessing repository contents?

Hi,

these functionalities are only available in the Data Quality studio. See http://www.talend.com/products-data-quality/screenshot/profiling.php for a screen capture with generated pdf files.

Contact info@talend.com for more information.
One Star

Re: Accessing repository contents?

scorreia wrote:
Hi,

these functionalities are only available in the Data Quality studio. See http://www.talend.com/products-data-quality/screenshot/profiling.php for a screen capture with generated pdf files.

Contact info@talend.com for more information.

Does it allow you to query the results data to create reports in your own format?

Also, is there a way of getting this functionality into a product like Open Profiler?
The use I have in mind is a high-powered profiling tool in a standalone app that just needs hooking into a data source and setting some options, and not having to build custom jobs each time.
Even if this TOP on steroids only came with Talend Data Quality, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and for that app alone.

Or if TDQ already does this, I'll just shut up now. ;-)
Employee

Re: Accessing repository contents?

stuartjvnorton wrote:
Does it allow you to query the results data to create reports in your own format?

you can use your own templates in Talend Data Quality studio in order to have your own output generated report files. These templates are jasper report files (jrxml).
All analyses are historized in a database so that you can follow the evolution of the data quality.
There is also a web portal which connects to the Talend Data Quality's database and provides several ways to display the analyses and further analyze the results of the profiling. You can of course use your own reporting tool if you prefer.

stuartjvnorton wrote:
Also, is there a way of getting this functionality into a product like Open Profiler?

This would require a lot of java development on your own, which is why Talend proposes Talend Data Quality as an entreprise level application.

stuartjvnorton wrote:
The use I have in mind is a high-powered profiling tool in a standalone app that just needs hooking into a data source and setting some options, and not having to build custom jobs each time.

The aim of Talend Data Quality is to use Talend Open Profiler to define your analyses (I think this is what you call "setting some options"). Then you can schedule the execution of these analyses and follow the status of your data quality in a web portal (which is part of Talend Data Quality offering) with predefined reports, dashboad, OLAP cubes and other analytical tools. The portal and the studio can be extended with your own reports...

I hope this sketch of Talend Data Quality functionalities replies to your needs :-)

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality

Read