Access to profiling results stored in the default H2 database

Highlighted
One Star

Access to profiling results stored in the default H2 database

Hi,

I am a new to the world of Talend and would like to know how I can go about extracting profiling results. I believe the results are stored by default in a H2 database.....and would like to access this as my first preference.

I am using Talend Platform for Data Management 5.3.1. It is a stock standard install on one machine. I have attempted to connect via the H2 Web Console as outlined in https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Connecting+to+the+H2+Web+Console

However, no mater what I put for the JDBC URL, all I ever see is the "INFORMATION_SCHEMA" folder. Indicating that I am not connecting to the database where all the results are stored.

Any help / assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Michelle

Re: Access to profiling results stored in the default H2 database

Hi,

Are you looking for analysis results or datamart? If the former, you should check the document TalendHelpCenter:Accessing the detailed view of the analysis results.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for getting back to me.
A bit of background information, I have a requirement to profile 1400+ tables, which accounts to about 12000 columns and provide a detailed summary to my client. I was hoping to get a pivoted view of the profiling analysis results along the line of the following in tabular form;

Table Name Column Name Data Type Length Min Value Max Value Frequency Patterns % Null.
Column 1
Column 2
Column 3

I dont have Talend with me at the moment but I will look into the area you have suggested shortly.

Regards,
Michelle
Employee

Hi Michelle,

you'll need to create "Reports" in order to store the results of the analyses in a database (that we call the DQ datamart).
Have a look at this chapter https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Reports
You may create one report with all your analyses so that with one click, you execute all analyses and store the results at once.

Then, we don't provide such a tabular report, but you should be able to generate such a table from the datamart.
More information about the data model of this datamart at https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=PDM

Then either you use your own tool to generate a report or you may use iReport in order to generate a jrxml template that can directly be used in the Talend studio or in the DQ portal.

If you do this, we'd be interested in some feedback. So that we could incorporate such kinds of reports in our next releases.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality