65535 b method

One Star

65535 b method

Hi I'm facing a known issue when a job design lead to a method that exceeds 65535 bytes and I know it's a java limit.

Regarding the job I'm working on, could you please tell me if there is any work around? My need is to build a XML file from many input sources and I don't know how to split the job as building an XML output with tFileOutputMSXML seems to be done in one step and only one.

Any clue?

Regards
Community Manager

Re: 65535 b method

Hello
Try to split your job into several child jobs if there is an exception 'exceeds 65535 bytes' , and use tRunJob to call the child jobs.
eg:
tRunJob_1---main--tFileOutputMSXML
|
tRunJob_2

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Sorry but the job only has extract and bind into XML, so I have nothing to put into tRunJob1 or tRunJob2... I try to remove, tMap_1 and it's ok if I don't use stats but I have to use at least 5 more flows to finnish the XML.

I try to use tBuffer with the same
Community Manager

Hello
I try to remove, tMap_1 and it's ok if I don't use stats but I have to use at least 5 more flows to finnish the XML.

Yes, move the tOracleInput--tMap to a tRunJob, if all the oracle components connect to the same connection, use a tOracleConnection to create a connection, and then check 'using the exist connection' opiton on all the oracle components, so that it reduces some of code.

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong,

Replacing a tOracleInput by a tRunJob with the same output schema leads to compile errors and seems to be a bug with tFileOutputMSXML usage.

Errors seem to be generation errors:

Error in the component's properties:fileName_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
format_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
nestXMLTool_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
doc_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
nestXMLTool_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_tFileOutputMSXML_1 cannot be resolved
One Star

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog