One Star

[resolved] Talend Admin Console page is password proctected

Hi,
While accessing Talend Admin Console, it's saying page is password protected and asking me password. But I did not set password for this page. Previously I was able to login without any password. Please see below screen shot, I am using 5.1.2.
Thanks,

13 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Talend Admin Console page is password proctected

Hi,
Did you define any role in your Administration Center? Which account did you used to login Talend Admin Console page? The default one provided by talend ?(admin@talend.com)
The online user guide will help you Accessing+the+Administration+Center.
Unfortunately, you screenshot is missing..
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Actually I had defined two users with roles see below.
User=Role
admin@company.com=Administrator
imran@accenture.com=Operational Mangager and Designer role

But why it is directly going to DB config page. Usually I have to open http://172.30.48.67:8080/org.talend.administrator/
then i have to provide username and password to login (admin@company.com or imran@accenture.com)
I tried with your password ?(admin@talend.com) but saying wrong password. Sorry I am not able to upload screenshot.
Now I am not able to launch talend as well. As I used to access project remotely via TAC. Please help me.
Thanks,

Hi,
But why it is directly going to DB config page. Usually I have to open http://172.30.48.67:8080/org.talend.administrator/
then i have to provide username and password to login (admin@company.com or imran@accenture.com)

Perhaps you change your DB setting, so it navigate to DB config page not TAC. There is a default password in DB config page (password: admin).
Note: For registered users, I realize the image upload feature is only available when click on "post reply" (not through the quick post"). In addition, Image upload box that allows to upload screen captures and images up to 200KB(20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB).

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes. You are correct it's directing to DB config page. I have already used default password admin many times but saying wrong password. Is anyother way to get password? or how I can resolve it.
Thanks,
Community Manager

Are you sure nobody has set a new admin password as described in the advanced config section: https://help.talend.com/display/TALENDENTERPRISEDATAINTEGRATIONINSTALLATIONANDUPGRADEGUIDE52EN/3.4.4...
Reason for this could be for securing the access to Talend Admin Center.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team via the dedicated portal http://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl.
Community Manager

Hi
You can change the default password or read the password on this parameter
# Password to access to db config page in the web-app:
database.config.password=admin
in the file:
/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank you very much Shong.
But it's strange, in file configuration.properties password defined is admin see below line.
database.config.password=admin
Many times I have tested with admin but not working. Eventhough I have tried to change password in file and to test with changed password but same error saying wrong password.
Thanks,
Imran
Community Manager

Hi
Have you restarted Tomcat server after you change the password?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong!
After restarting the tomcat server I am able to login but getting below error in connection section.
Cannot connect to database (cause IO Exception: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/talend/apache-tomcat-6.0.36/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/database/talend_administrator.lock.db (Permission denied)"; "/home/talend/apache-tomcat-6.0.36/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/database/talend_administrator.lock.db" )
And how I would be able to direct TAC page.
Sorry I am new knew for Talend asking so many things.
Thanks,
One Star

Thanks guys!!
My problem has been resolved to provide the write permission to talend_administrator.lock. Now I am successfully able to log into TAC page.
Thanks,
Imran

Hi,
Thanks for your information and sharing your experience with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

The issues I am facing seems a bit different but I urgently need answers, my TAC in Test Linux environment keeps going unresponsive/down for no apparent reasons, I have viewed the logs/catalina.out and there seems to be no clue, can anyone help with this? 

Hi wosa.aigbe,
my TAC in Test Linux environment keeps going unresponsive/down for no apparent reasons,

Could you please show us the screenshot of your problem? What's talend product you are using? build version?
Is there any more error log which is located in \apache-tomcat\logs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--