job is null !

Highlighted
Six Stars

job is null !

I have a job running once every minute.

It will sometimes fail with the following error:

job is null !
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.JobExecution.<init>(JobExecution.java:102)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.JobExecutionClientSide.<init>(JobExecutionClientSide.java:31)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.AbstractJobsManager.createJobExecution(AbstractJobsManager.java:280)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.CommandClient.processResponse(CommandClient.java:202)
org.talend.remote.client.AbstractObjectClient.sendCommand(AbstractObjectClient.java:228)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.CommandClient.requestStartJob(CommandClient.java:352)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.PooledCommandClientWrapper.requestStartJob(PooledCommandClientWrapper.java:590)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.requestStartJob(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:1345)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.runTaskUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:1249)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteTaskExecution.executeRemoteJob(RemoteTaskExecution.java:472)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteTaskExecution.execute(RemoteTaskExecution.java:248)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteExecutionSwitcher.execute(RemoteExecutionSwitcher.java:50)
org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)

Why is that?

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: job is null !

Yes, this issue was in initial 6.5.1 Platform release. We fixied it in the scope of https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TPSVC-5087 and delivered patch for 6.5.1 version (https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TPS-2483). Please check available patches and apply needed one. In case qiestions please contact our support.

Thanks,

Yuri

All Replies
Employee

Hello,

which version of Remote Engie you have? Issue should be fixed with latest Remote Engine. You can download it from Downloads page in Talend Cloud.

Thanks,

Yuri

Six Stars

How do i find the version information for a remote engine?

Employee

Hello,

where are 2 files in <Talend-RemoteEngine> root folder:

- buildnumber.txt : number of the istaller version. You see it also as part of the RE archive / installer files,

- version.txt : version of the  RE itself.

We need to know both values.

Thanks,

Yuri

Six Stars

Do i still have a remote engine if all jobs are run locally and i do not use the cloud?

Employee

Hello,

sorry, my fault. I missunderstood environment.

I think you use TAC with Job Server to execute tasks. Can you please point me to TAC version you use?

Thanks,

Yuri

Six Stars

We are using 6.5.1

Employee

Yes, this issue was in initial 6.5.1 Platform release. We fixied it in the scope of https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TPSVC-5087 and delivered patch for 6.5.1 version (https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TPS-2483). Please check available patches and apply needed one. In case qiestions please contact our support.

Thanks,

Yuri

Employee

Hi @yshamin 

If I have the RE installer file (Talend-RemoteEngine-V2.7.0-132-Windows.exe), I can understand this as below:1. 2.7.0 is the Talend Remote Version
2. 132 is the installer version then what is the number 149 in the file (version.txt) – “2.7.0_iPaaS-RT-Flow_149_maintenance/azure-ga-2019”?

Any inputs on this will be helpful.

Employee

Hi,

RE root folder contains 2 files with version:

- buildnumber.txt: contains installer version. you can see this number also as part of the dist file name. we save this info in file because after installation this version can be found only in this file

- version.txt: contains build number of the runtime.

Both versions we need to analyze issues.

Thanks,

Yuri

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

The Forrester Wave: Strategic iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms, Q1 2019

Find out how Forrester rate different iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now