Where to install sapjco3.jar on TAC server?

Highlighted
Four Stars

Where to install sapjco3.jar on TAC server?

Hi,

we're using SAP-Components like tSAPBapi and I successfully installed the necessary files (sapjco3.jar and .dll) for TalendStudio.

But when I try to run a job with a tSAPBapi component in our Talend Administration Center I receive the following message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/conn/jco/ext/DestinationDataProvider

I'm sure I have to install sapjco3.jar and it's corresponding .so file on the Linux server running the TAC, too. But where do I have to put the files? The documentation only describes where to copy them for TalendStudio. We're are running TAC version 6.2.1.

Employee

Re: Where to install sapjco3.jar on TAC server?

Hello,

can you please provide more details? How you created task in TAC: as ready artifact from Nexus or as normal task?

Can you also check Job Server logs to see similar errors? And attaching logs with related errors (both TAC and Job Server) will be nice.

Also you can try to install SAP JCO on TAC machine of course. First step to install on OS is the same as for Studio. And after you can try to put sapjco3.jar to <job server>/lib folder and change start_rs.bat with adding this jar to MY_CLASSPATH.

Thanks,

Yuri

Four Stars

Re: Where to install sapjco3.jar on TAC server?

Hi Yuri,

thanks for your reply.

I created the job as normal task. There's no error related to the problem in jobserver.log and in logs/catalina.out from the TAC.

After putting sapjco3.jar in <job server>/lib and adding it to MY_CLASSPATH the status hasn't changed. I double checked that sapjco3.jar is in the classpath - log entry "java.class.path=..." shows that it contains sapjco3.jar. I checked the file permissions. I checked that sapjco3.jar contains the requested com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataProvider class.

But the error message remains, when I start the job within the TAC:

[INFO ]: abt.gs_sap_bapitester_0_1.GS_SAP_BapiTester - TalendJob: 'GS_SAP_BapiTester' - Start.

[INFO ]: abt.gs_sap_bapitester_0_1.GS_SAP_BapiTester - tSAPBapi_1_TSAPBapi_OUT - Connection attempts to 'hostname' with the user : 'username'.
[statistics] disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/conn/jco/ext/DestinationDataProvider
	at abt22.gs_sap_bapitester_0_1.GS_SAP_BapiTester.tSAPBapi_1_TSAPBapi_OUTProcess(GS_SAP_BapiTester.java:1017)
	at abt22.gs_sap_bapitester_0_1.GS_SAP_BapiTester.runJobInTOS(GS_SAP_BapiTester.java:2460)
	at abt22.gs_sap_bapitester_0_1.GS_SAP_BapiTester.main(GS_SAP_BapiTester.java:2268)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.conn.jco.ext.DestinationDataProvider
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 3 more

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

The Forrester Wave: Strategic iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms, Q1 2019

Find out how Forrester rate different iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms

Read

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration