One Star

Use the same TAC for ETL and ESB project

Hello,
I can't find the info, is it possible to use the same tac to manage ETL job and ESB route ? so far i have used the TAC for either ETL or ESB and the menu options are differents (ex : job conductor in ETL, conductor in ESB). How is it decided ? different .war version ? can a user manage both ETL and ESB ?
I would like to understand how it works Smiley Happy
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES

Re: Use the same TAC for ETL and ESB project

Hi,
Have you read TalendAdministrationCenter documentation? Are you using Talend Enterprise for ESB product?
Talend Server(conductor) and Talend RunTime both execute the jobs designed.
Talend job server(job)
Talend Runtime (based on Apache Karaf) is an execution container(job,OSGi bundle, ESB services,Routes and Generic OSGi features... )
Please take a look at documents: TalendHelpCenter:Talend Runtime and TalendHelpCenter:JobServer
Feel free to let us know your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
Thanks for the reply Sabrina,
I have read the documentation, and i have only found how to add dynamic link in the menu. For the current project i am using a tac "Talend Enterprise ESB", i guess it explain why it lacks menu link related to job (facepalm).
My initial first question was:  is it possible to have both ESB conductor/publisher and Job conductor in the same tac. Finally found out the answer: (yes)

it lead to my second question, what decide which links are present or not ? i have seen version with just job conductor, in my case i have just ESB conductor / publisher. The answer is most likely obvious but i can't find it. is it based on the licence ? the war deployed in tomcat ? the db configuration ? 
I just ask that by curiousity, no pratical case yet.
One Star

Hi,
As far as I know, the menus are based on your license (like the perspectives into the studio).
Romain.