Four Stars

Unknown error when trying to export execution plans

I am using metaservlet to export the execution plans from the development environment, to migrate a specific execution plan to another environment.

It worked well for a while, but at some point the call to metaservlet started  failing with {"returnCode": 1}, on two from three servers. On production server return code :0, but there there are no execution plans to export

The same issue if using curl to post the request, or when using the browser.

Other metaservlet commands are working ok, except export. 

Did somebody else hit the same issue ? Any idea how to debug this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: Unknown error when trying to export execution plans

The error was caused by a data corruption in the repository, one execution plan lost integrity across the tables that defines it.

After manually cleaning out all information on the corrupted execution plan , everything works fine.

As a good practice, before exporting, we make sure the execution plan has no errors and was checked it runs correctly.

5 REPLIES

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Current Version is  6.2.1

[someserver]$ bash /opt/talend/Talend-6.2.1/tac/apache-tomcat/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/MetaServletCaller.sh --verbose --format-output --tac-url=http://<someTACserver>:8080/org.talend.administrator/ --json-params='{"actionName":"listExecutionPlans","authPass":"xxx","authUser":"yyyyyyy"}'
-> URL: http://<someTACserver>:8080/org.talend.administrator/
-> Json parameters:
{
"actionName": "listExecutionPlans",
"authPass": "xxx",
"authUser": "yyyyyyy"
}
-> Complete request: http://<someTACserver>:8080/org.talend.administrator//metaServlet?eyJhY3Rpb25OYW1lIjoibGlzdEV4ZWN1dGlvblBsYW5zIiwiYXV0aFBhc3MiOiJEYW4iLCJhdXRoVXNlciI6ImRhbi5sYXphckB2YWx0ZWNoLmNvLnVrIn0=
{"returnCode": 1}
[someserver]$

Four Stars

Hey,
I m trying to export the execution plans too. But I was not successful.
listExecutionPlan is listing all the plans and when I do a importExecutionPlan I got a return code 0, but I don't understand where it is imported to and how the import to other environment is working here.

Can you please help me understand the process???
Four Stars

Rajashekar95 :

check this article  :

Alternatively you can use curl to post the commands to the metaservlet, or the browser , using as argument base64_coded string 

A++

Four Stars

The error was caused by a data corruption in the repository, one execution plan lost integrity across the tables that defines it.

After manually cleaning out all information on the corrupted execution plan , everything works fine.

As a good practice, before exporting, we make sure the execution plan has no errors and was checked it runs correctly.