Unable to preview CSV (Creating Delimited File) - Java error

Highlighted
Four Stars

Unable to preview CSV (Creating Delimited File) - Java error

Hello Everyone, I'm new to using Talend and was hoping to get some help from the community. I was looking through prior questions that seemed to be relevant to this and followed some solutions but I have had no success, from these threads: https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Output-not-generated-Preview-error-Some-set... https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Delimited-File-Preview-error-to-load-to-tab... Here's my environment: Mac OS X 10.14.6 Mojave Oracle JDK 13 (JRE update 8 221) I have my .bash_profile setup as: JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-13.jdk/Contents/Home export JAVA_HOME export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH I'm using Open Studio for Data Integration 7.2.1 and I'm unable to load (preview) a CSV file, in an attempt to create a delimited file. I'm getting the following error: Error Message: The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files Preview error. Some settings must be changed. Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting. org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90) org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383) org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1309) org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74) One interesting thing to note is that the File Viewer (step 2 of 4) when loading the CSV file from a local folder shows the contents of the CSV file, but it fails to preview with the error message above. The CSV file is 124MB in size and has more than 488,000 rows - I am hoping this is not the issue but if others can spot any mistakes I'm making above or have any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. TY in advance -

Re: Unable to preview CSV (Creating Delimited File) - Java error

Hello,

Oracle JDK 13 is not list on the supported table.

For more information, please refer to this installation page:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java Environments .

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Unable to preview CSV (Creating Delimited File) - Java error

Hi Sabrina,

Not sure how I overlooked that.  I'll look into JRE 8 or 11.  

TY!

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables