Employee

Unable to Add Repository Error

I am at a customer site today installing TIC and Studio for TIC.  When the customer publishes a job (not an action) to TIC, and creates a flow, they get an 'unable to add flow repository' error when they try to test or run the job.  The first job we published and created s flow for worked, but none after.  Since then we've tried several jobs, and none work.  Anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem?  Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Unable to Add Repository Error

the 'unable to add flow repository' error comes as a notification on the top of the screen when you press test or go live?
Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management
Employee

Yes.  The error seems to be transient, and disappears too fast to get a screen shot.  The error occurs with the client's account.  I run a nearly identical job and don't see this error.
Employee

okay. what is the customer's account name and login?
Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management
Employee

in general, in the logs we see:
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
and reason is: in flow feature comments we use id of the job. and somehow Studio generates id as '_kbRN4DI_EeaE6--i6R0Twg'.
Issue already fixed in 1.6 TIC. And as workaround in 1.5.1:

create copy of the job in Studio and make sure in .properties file of the job id has no '--'
republish job to TIC