Talend Remote Engine and Runtime Security Configuration

Highlighted
Nine Stars

Talend Remote Engine and Runtime Security Configuration

Hi,

As per the installation recommendations, I've change the default user name/password for the Talend Runtime in the users.properties file, however when I deploy any ESB jobs, they now fail with "Authentication Failure". So I'm guessing that the Remote Engine that does the deployment locally also needs to have its credentials for the Runtime updated - understandably. However, the user name appears in many config files - can anyone advise which one is required to be changed?

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: Talend Remote Engine and Runtime Security Configuration

Hi,

So I eventually found the one file you need to change, its a 2 step thing:

1/ Within the Runtime directory, runtime/etc/users.properties add/update the credientials as it describes

2/ Within the RemoteEngine directory etc/org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.talendruntime.client.cfg changed the username & password to match those you want to use from step1.

The Runtime should pick the change up straight away, I dont think the Remote Engine will, so you'll probably need to stop/start it

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nine Stars

Re: Talend Remote Engine and Runtime Security Configuration

Hi,

So I eventually found the one file you need to change, its a 2 step thing:

1/ Within the Runtime directory, runtime/etc/users.properties add/update the credientials as it describes

2/ Within the RemoteEngine directory etc/org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.talendruntime.client.cfg changed the username & password to match those you want to use from step1.

The Runtime should pick the change up straight away, I dont think the Remote Engine will, so you'll probably need to stop/start it

Regards David

View solution in original post

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Developer Series - Introduction

The Talend Cloud Developer Series was created to give you a solid foundational understanding of Talend’s Cloud Integration Platform

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Available on Microsoft Azure

An integration platform-as-a-serviceto help enterprises collect, govern, transform, and share data from any data sources

Watch Now

Self-service Talend Migration: Moving from On-Premises to the Cloud

Move from On-Premises to the Cloud by following the advice of experts

Read Now