Talend ESB: REST service still available in Service Locator after deletion from ESB Conductor

Highlighted
Five Stars

Talend ESB: REST service still available in Service Locator after deletion from ESB Conductor

Hi, I have a REST service deployed via ESB conductor on the ESB TAC. I accidentally deleted the feature via ESB Conductor before stopping and undeploying. Now the REST service is still active, and I cannot find a way to stop or kill it. I have tried killing and restarting the ESB container on linux, but the service just restarts with it. How can I remove this service?

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Talend ESB: REST service still available in Service Locator after deletion from ESB Conductor

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, these solutions didn't work. Even after uninstalling the service in karaf, rebooting the container would kickoff the task again. The only solution I found that worked was reinstalling.

All Replies
Employee Ram
Employee

Re: Talend ESB: REST service still available in Service Locator after deletion from ESB Conductor

You can add the service once again in ESB Conductor. 

Once it is in CREATED state you can Undeploy the service instead of a Deploy, so the service will removed from Runtime.

Then you can do a DEPLOY to deploy the service again tio Runtime, now the state is again back to DEPLOYED in ESB Conductor. 

Five Stars

Hi, knowing how to UNDEPLOY the service is not my issue. My issue is that I had a service that was DEPLOYED, and before UNDEPLOYING, I accidentally DELETED the service in Conductor. This caused my service to still be RUNNING and accessible via Service Locator. However, I can no longer UNDEPLOY the service, because it was DELETED from the ESB Conductor.

The service is running on ESB, I can call it via REST. But I can't deploy a new service over the existing one, nor can I undeploy it.

Employee

1. Hi, When you wish to undeploy the existing service on Runtime you can follow my earlier suggestions.

2. As an interim solution you can add the task once again in Esbconductor. The LastAction of the task will remain in CREATED state ( don't deploy again) however you can see the Online Status / Bundle status in EsbConductor (Bundles tab) will sync with Runtime and the Bundle status should be Green.
Five Stars

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, these solutions didn't work. Even after uninstalling the service in karaf, rebooting the container would kickoff the task again. The only solution I found that worked was reinstalling.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

An API-First Approach to Modernizing Applications

Learn how to use an API-First Approach to Modernize your Applications

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

The Forrester Wave: Strategic iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms, Q1 2019

Find out how Forrester rate different iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms