TaC deployment

Hi Team

Iam new TAC

and i have few general question

In Tac we can deploy job in two ways in Qa Prod environment,

First Way 

We can generate and deploy

Second Way

we can publish to nexus repo and we can pick it from their in QA and prod.

When we can directly generate and deploy what is need of calling it from nexus repo, which approch is more advantageous

Why do we maintain Nexus Repositary

Please help me out with answers

Thanks

Deepthi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: TaC deployment

I'm assuming you have purchased the Enterprise Edition. If so, you will have an email with links to downloads. There will be a link to PDF documents. All of the questions you've asked should be answered there. You can also get a lot of information from here: https://help.talend.com/home

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

You have several environments (DEV, QA, PROD). When you build your job in the Studio, you want to use the same compiled artefact in PROD as has been unit tested (in DEV) and tested (in QA). The ONLY way to do this is to publish to the Nexus from the Studio and then use that same artefact in DEV, QA and PROD. Using Nexus is the only way to do this.

If you compile it each time your deploy it (straight from SVN or GIT) then how do you know the code hasn't been slightly changed between promoting it for testing in QA and publishing it in PROD? What if a developer made a change to a child job used by many jobs? That could have broken your job that you think has just passed testing QA. Don't go down that route. 

It took a while to get an artefact repository (Nexus) to be used for Data Integration jobs, the only reason the old method is still around is to support customers who haven't migrated their approach. There is no advantage to recompiling for each environment.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

Hi Rhall

Thanks for the clarification

I have one more doubt here, Is their any relation or dependency between  Job conductor and Publisher in Dev Tac, Can you please suggest any link which helps me in understanding complete architecture of Talend.

I have may doubts like How studio Git and Tac are interrelated to each other What happens when we click on generate, and deploy,What is nexus, What is articaft, When to create a job ad normal task, when to create it as artificat task what is difference between these all kind of stuff.

Can share we links which can make my understanding clear.

Thanks

Deepthi

Fifteen Stars

I'm assuming you have purchased the Enterprise Edition. If so, you will have an email with links to downloads. There will be a link to PDF documents. All of the questions you've asked should be answered there. You can also get a lot of information from here: https://help.talend.com/home

Rilhia Solutions