TAC Audit suffered error“Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser”

Four Stars

TAC Audit suffered error“Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser”

I‘m a new user for Talend,I want to use TAC-Audit module these days,but I suffered the error as the title says.

I have tried config my tac tomcat catalina.sh with 【-Djava.awt.headless=true】,and then restart TAC,but is doesn't work.

and I also tried install Xvfb on my ubuntu 14.04 Server,and set as follows:

sudo apt-get install xvfb

apt-get install -y xorg xvfb firefox dbus-x11 xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-cyrillic

sudo nohup Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1152x900x8 &

export DISPLAY="localhost:1"

as a result,it still doesn't work.

and now,any suggestions about this issue?

thanks!

Community Manager

Re: TAC Audit suffered error“Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser”

Hi
The jasper report jar is missing, try to download a jasper report jar and put it into <tomcat install dir>/lib, and restart Tomcat.
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/j/Downloadjasperreports460jar.htm

Let me know if it works.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Re: TAC Audit suffered error“Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser”

I have just tried.I dowload jasperreports-4.6.0.jar and copy it to /data/talend/tac/apache-tomcat/lib,and then restart tac,but it still encountered the same error.

here's the whole  detail error :

#####################################################################
The Audit process has terminated with error(s)

Populating audit data for project 'di_demo' 
Generate report for project 'di_demo' at location of commandline machine: "/data/talend/CommandLine/exports/Reports/reportProject_20171226_114448_DI_DEMO/reportProject_20171226_114448_DI_DEMO.zip"

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:66)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.(JRBaseFiller.java:121)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:88)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:103)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:61)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.createFiller(JRFiller.java:153)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fill(JRFiller.java:55)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fill(JasperFillManager.java:446)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:849)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.createSubReport(TalendRating.java:278)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.run(TalendRating.java:215)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.generateReport(TalendRating.java:119)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.command.GenerateAuditReportExecuteCommand.execute(GenerateAuditReportExecuteCommand.java:115)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:199)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:179)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
... 3 more

Community Manager

Hi
These jars should be built in with product by default. I have tried to reproduce the problems with version 6.4.1, but it works on my side. Can you please open a ticket on our support portal? Our support colleagues will investigate it with you further, and schedule webex meetings if needed.

Regards
Shong

Four Stars

thanks for your reply.I referenced this artical on StackOverFlow from the very beginning,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4998762/could-not-initialize-class-net-sf-jasperreports-engine-u...

and now I still wonder have you set the 'java.awt.headless=true' System Property?and did you reproduce it on linux?

Four Stars

I just install TAC on another Server on EC2 unubutu 14.04.this server is used as a jobserver,and it has installed JobServer and CommandLine before.

and I just create a new project,and tried Audit,then I encountered this error,and this error I remembered it came first time before I encountered "Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser" as this I reported in this artical:

Populating audit data for project 'proj1' 
Generate report for project 'proj1' at location of commandline machine: "/Talend/CommandLine/exports/Reports/reportProject_20171226_170607_PROJ1/reportProject_20171226_170607_PROJ1.zip"

java.lang.Exception: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:11.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:66)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:11.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.access$200(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:65)
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:115)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:74)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.createGE(GraphicsEnvironment.java:103)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:82)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.(JRStyledTextParser.java:90)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.(JRBaseFiller.java:121)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:88)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:103)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.(JRVerticalFiller.java:61)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.createFiller(JRFiller.java:153)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fill(JRFiller.java:55)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fill(JasperFillManager.java:446)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:849)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.createSubReport(TalendRating.java:278)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.run(TalendRating.java:215)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.TalendRating.generateReport(TalendRating.java:119)
at org.talend.commandline.audit.command.GenerateAuditReportExecuteCommand.execute(GenerateAuditReportExecuteCommand.java:115)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:199)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:179)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
... 3 more

Community Manager

Make sure the Commandline is running, and TAC is able to connect to CommandLine, open the configuration page and check the commandline parameters.

BTW,  I am not using Linux system, My TAC is installed on Windows 7.

Four Stars

I'm sure that CommandLine's Consiguration is ok and the service is runnning,beacause if it's not ok,I will not do about Job Conductor,I have runned a job on my JobServer Cluster currectly before.

QQ图片20171227100658.pngconfigQQ图片20171227100849.pngservice

so I still wonder have you ever test Audit ok on linux?because this error is very probably about "-Djava.awt.headless=true",obviously it will not happen on Windows.

Community Manager

Hi
I had never tested it on Linux yet. Can you please report a ticket on our support portal? Our colleagues from Support team will check it with you further.

Regards
Shong
Four Stars

sorry,Support Portal does not allow me to register.I'm still a trial user of Talend Management Plantform,and I haven't purchased the license formally.

Four Stars

I have just tested it on Win10,I only installed TAC and CommandLine,and test it ok。so I'm more sure about that this error happen on linux,either configuration error or product bug?I sincerely hope talend team can test it on linux,and give me a reply。

tanks a lot.

Community Manager

Hi

We have made a testing on ubuntu14.0.4 and it works, below are detailed environment information.

tac db:H2
audit db:h2
repository:svn 3.3
java:1.8.0111

build:6..4.1.20170623_1246

1.png

Regards

Shong