Seven Stars

Supressing error messages on the Talend Run console

I'm running a job in the standalone version of Talend (i.e. I'm not running it on a JobServer, and I don't have access to TAC at the moment). My job generates hundreds of error messages, which are clogging up the log console, and making it impossible to read anything else there (the errors themselves are from bad input files, and are expected). Is there any way to disable errors/warnings on the standard Talend run console?

3 REPLIES

Re: Supressing error messages on the Talend Run console

Hello,

Have you tried to diable "Statistics" option in advanced settings of run console to see if it is OK with you?

Would you mind posting your job design screenshots on forum which will be helpful for us to undertand your situation?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Here is the job. It iterates over a data folder, and sends one file at a time through the ETL process. The file will have multiple records, so I used tFlowToIterate and tFixedFlow to send each record one at a time to tHMap (these are EDI records, and if I don't do this, then one bad record will cascade down, and I'll also lose any remaining records).

The tHMap is what is generating all the errors. There are about 10 million records, and some of them have known issues (i.e. they are not correctly formatted). When tHMap encounters these, it throws them out and writes an error message to the log window. These error messages make it impossible for me to read the log messages I'm interested in.

I hope this helps.

David

Hello,

Did you uncheck the option 'die on error' on your job? Will you still see the error message on the console when running the job?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.