Five Stars

Retention time of rows in TASKEXECUTIONHISTORY table

Currently our system, TDM 6.1, is keeping data in this table for 15 days. The data is cleared out, it seems, by the TaskExecutionsCleanerTrigger which runs every hour.

We've been told that the <Tomcat installation-installation-path>/webapp/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties file controls the retention length but looking in this file it is set to 3 months.

While I can see the frequency of the trigger for the TaskExecutionsCleanerTrigger I can't find where the job is to change this the 'nice' way rather than 'hacking' the database.

So can anyone help me with;

1) Where I can view and adjust the two built in simple trigger jobs, TaskExecutionsCleanerTrigger & PatchOrVersionCheckerTrigger. No they don't appear in Job Conductor at present.

2) Why these two jobs don't appear in Job Conductor.

3) How to set the retention time for rows in the TaskExecutionHistory table.

4) Why the configuration.properties files seems to have no effect.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Retention time of rows in TASKEXECUTIONHISTORY table

You should specify this configuration property 

dashboard.conf.taskExecutionsHistory.timeBeforeDeletingOldExecutions=1296000 

for 15 days or some other value in seconds to affect the TASKEXECUTIONHISTORY table.

You make the change in the configuration.properties file.

Generally we recommend restarting the TAC after changing this value.  I have not done this change without a restart of the TAC.  

You also have this setting in your configuration table in your TAC database.  If you change it directly in your database, you should still restart TAC.

On restart, TAC will read the configuration.properties file, and write these properties into the configuration table, and remove them from the configuration.properties file.

3 REPLIES
Employee

You should specify this configuration property 

dashboard.conf.taskExecutionsHistory.timeBeforeDeletingOldExecutions=1296000 

for 15 days or some other value in seconds to affect the TASKEXECUTIONHISTORY table.

You make the change in the configuration.properties file.

Generally we recommend restarting the TAC after changing this value.  I have not done this change without a restart of the TAC.  

You also have this setting in your configuration table in your TAC database.  If you change it directly in your database, you should still restart TAC.

On restart, TAC will read the configuration.properties file, and write these properties into the configuration table, and remove them from the configuration.properties file.

Five Stars

Thanks for the information. I will give that a go. Is there a priority between the file and database if the settings are different?

Employee

At TAC start, the parameter in the file is used to update the values in the database.  After that, it should all run from the database parameters.