Four Stars

Repository Manager Cannot create project in target repo

Hello,
I am struggling to promote work from the development server to the production server. On the dev server, we have a wizard installation of Talend Platform for Data Services 5.6.2, and in prod we have only TAC and server services installed. 
I installed Repository Manager on the dev server, configured it, created a source repository (dev TAC), a target repository (prod TAC)
According to the AdministrationCenter UG: 'The Job generation step is indeed skipped as Talend Administration Center is able to retrieve pre-generated Jobs from archive files. The CommandLine application is thus no longer needed (for deployment to Production environment).' However, without it, I could not get past the checking of the target repository: Cannot connect to command line. I therefore installed commandline.
Then, I created a (global) rule to migrate a simple project between the repositories above, with option to overwrite on import. This successfully logs onto the project, exports it, logs off, sends file to prod, then fails to create it with :
Failed (Cannot create project ' test1_proj ' in target repository (rules.execution.error.commandLineErrorWP))
The project does not exist on the Prod server. I can see the zip file has been transferred to the cmdline generation folder.
I hope someone can tell me what else is missing.
Best regards, Ioana
4 REPLIES

Re: Repository Manager Cannot create project in target repo

Hi Ioana,
We would suggest that you should report a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can see what is missing and if there is something wrong with your Talend product installation and configuration by a remote assistance in a quick way.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am experiencing exact same issue described here on Talend 6.1.1. My Dev system has the zip file exported in commandline/exports folder. This file gets copied to QA server when the rule to migrate this to QA repo is executed. But it shows 'failed' status at the end and project is not imported. There is no error detail available. Checked repository manager DB - rules_execution_history table. That also does not have any additional info about the 'failed' status. 
Was the issue identified and is this any configuration issue or Talend bug. 
One Star

I am experiencing exact same issue described here on Talend 6.1.1. My Dev system has the zip file exported in commandline/exports folder. This file gets copied to QA server when the rule to migrate this to QA repo is executed. But it shows 'failed' status at the end and project is not imported. There is no error detail available. Checked repository manager DB - rules_execution_history table. That also does not have any additional info about the 'failed' status. 
Was the issue identified and is this any configuration issue or Talend bug. 

Hi SwatiA, Was this issue resolved for you? We are getting the similar error "Failed (String index out of range: -31)" after the sending file to QA step.
Also, do you have SVN in the target environment too?
Thanks.

Hello,
On which build version you got this issue? Have you already reported a ticket on talend support portal?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.