Four Stars

Project Dependencies

Hello

We are just starting our Talend journey.

I'm wondering if it is madness to have only one job per project?

So I have a question about all the dependencies in a project that are not the jobs or routes themselves...  ie joblets, routlets, metadata, connection details, etc, etc.

I was wondering if there is a reason why you could not put all these things into another reference project and then reference it in all single job projects?

I was also wondering if you can version reference projects so you can manually control the version you reference?

Cheers

Nomit

1 REPLY

Re: Project Dependencies

Hello,

Thanks for posting your issue on forum.

Adding referenced projects is a property that the Administrator can set for a project in Talend Administration Center so that it can be referenced by another project.  You can establish a connection between projects and there is no parent project and child project.

If you right-click a Job of a referenced project in the tree view, you display a drop-down list where you can select the type of action you want to carry out on the referenced project.

You can choose another version, if any, for the Job in the referenced project and open it in read-only mode by select "Open another version" option.

For more information, please have a look at online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Working with referenced projects

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.