Preserving Project References when Branching

Six Stars

Preserving Project References when Branching

When I create a new branch off a branch (usually master) that has existing project references, the new branch doens't have those project references. At the moment I have to log into TAC and manually reference those project each time I create a new branch (which is often). Ideally I would like the new branch to also contain the same project references.

1. Which permissions are needed for a TAC user to allow them to manually reference project. Currently I have to email another team that has existing permissions to do this.

2. Is there a way to configure TAC to include any existing referenced projects when a new branch is created in order to avoid having to preform a manual reference each time?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions

Re: Preserving Project References when Branching

Hello,

With your question 1, you need the right for Project references management.
Administrator/Designer/Operation Manager.

With your question 2, could you please indicate which talend build version you are using?

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMC-10557. This issue has been fixed on V 6.3.2 and V 6.4.2.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Re: Preserving Project References when Branching

Hello,

With your question 1, you need the right for Project references management.
Administrator/Designer/Operation Manager.

With your question 2, could you please indicate which talend build version you are using?

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMC-10557. This issue has been fixed on V 6.3.2 and V 6.4.2.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

The Forrester Wave: Strategic iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms, Q1 2019

Find out how Forrester rate different iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms

Read

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog