Nexus configuration for TAC

Six Stars

Nexus configuration for TAC

Hi Folks:

I installed TAC and Nexus separately on the same box. I can connect to nexus fine via URL and set up repositories etc., but when I try to configure/connect to Nexus in TAC, receive  "Artifacts repository is unreachable". Is there a step by step "configure nexus for TAC" out there? I need to understand how to properly set up nexus repos, groups and other obvious settings I may be missing,  and use them in TAC configuration for "Artifact Repository".  

windows server 2016

TAC 6.4.1 on tomcat

Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.10.0.04 installed as service - can reach and configure via browser, but can't configure TAC to connect

This is a dev box, so all services are installed locally, and I am using localhost as the host name in all URI's

1: I have set up 4 repos:

talend-custom-libs hosted maven2 Snapshot Permissive, allow redeploy

talend-custom-libs-release hosted maven2 Release Permissive allow redeploy

talend-custom-libs-snapshot hosted maven2 Snapshot Permissive, allow redeploy

talend-updates hosted maven2 Release Permissive, allow redeploy

2: 1 group repo:

nexus maven2 - included for repos above as members

3: added 'tadmin' user/pass

4: set the nexus group url (well I've tried many different URL's here) in TAC config

pic attached for reference.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: Nexus configuration for TAC

Hi jmartin

I tryed the same as you but was not able to get it up and running with version 3 of Nexus.

After i got back to 2.14.7 it was a success. The problem is in the changed repo access address of Nexus. I searched a lot of TAC config files but found no config for this Nexus access address.

Best regards

All Replies
Seven Stars

Hi jmartin,

The default URL of Nexus repository is http://localhost:8081/nexus. But in screen shot you mentioned it as  http://localhost:8081/repository/nexus.

So could you please try with http://localhost:8081/nexus and following credentials.

Default credentials :

User Name : admin

Password   : Talend123

Thanks & Regards
A Ravi Kumar
Mobile Number : +91 852-762-1083
Email-id : a.ravikumar104@gmail.com
Skype Id : ammanannaravikumar
Four Stars

Hi jmartin

I tryed the same as you but was not able to get it up and running with version 3 of Nexus.

After i got back to 2.14.7 it was a success. The problem is in the changed repo access address of Nexus. I searched a lot of TAC config files but found no config for this Nexus access address.

Best regards

Seven Stars

Hello jmartin,

with my server/setup, using "localhost" in TAC Artefact Repository configuration does not work, too, but <hostname> does.

So, on the TAC configuration page for the Artefact Repository in the "Nexus url" field, please replace "localhost" with your hostname (or IP address).

Best regards,

Thomas

Six Stars

Hi I tried this to no avail, but thanks you

Six Stars

Thanks but this does not work with version 3 of Nexus

Six Stars

Thank you - I rolled back to version 2.14.7 and all is well.

The only thing that is not working at this point is the User Libraries section in TAC (pic attached) - do I have to add those repo's as I did in version three first?

Six Stars

the answer is yes, I did have to add repos as listed in the 1st question. all is working now.

Thanks folks!

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads