Five Stars

GIT Service Account

Hello,

We are connecting to a GIT repository using Bitbucket in TAC 6.3.1. I am able to connect successfully, but I was wondering about the best practices to do so. For example, my username is my own (i.e. jsmith) and we want to use a more generic account (i.e. talend_git). Is this recommended and/or acceptable? I've looked through TAC documentation and the forums but I didn't notice anything concrete.

Thanks,

Alex

• Talend Administration Center
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: GIT Service Account

As a best practice, each user should have a different Git user account.  This way you can track who did the commit.  For example, if someone mess up your repository, you can identify the user, and provide him training and guidance to avoid that.

A generic user obscure the commits since they all appear under the same user.

Even for automation and ci, use a different user to identify any commit done by your CI process.

1 REPLY
Employee

Re: GIT Service Account

As a best practice, each user should have a different Git user account.  This way you can track who did the commit.  For example, if someone mess up your repository, you can identify the user, and provide him training and guidance to avoid that.

A generic user obscure the commits since they all appear under the same user.

Even for automation and ci, use a different user to identify any commit done by your CI process.