We are new to the TAC and now trying to setup our development environment.
What is the best way to achieve the following:
- Use Talend studio (Windows) with a remote repository in Nexus (completed)
- Configure TAC (dev environment - Windows)
- Install Nexus and Jenkins on a dedicated ubuntu server (completed)
- Create repositories in Nexus for User Acceptance (UAT) and Production used to deploy the jobs from within the TAC's from the specific environment (completed)
- Use Jenkins to migrate (copy) jobs from the Repository (DEV) into the repository from UAT and later on Production (not completed)
Currently we use in Jenkins the copyArtifactsPlugin and created a Jenkins Item that copies a single artifact into another repository.
We don't need a lot of automation and would like to promote by hand, thus every time we want to copy a job over into another repository we need to update the config in the Jenkins Item.
Is there a better way of doing this? CI looks overkill for the limited amount of jobs we have.
Thanks in advance, Tom
Talend Continuous Integration can achieve your goals.
Have you already checked online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Talend Software Development Life Cycle Best Practices Guide?