Four Stars

Cleaning of old logs

Hello,

I use a TEDI 6.1.1 and I have an issue of cleaning logs.

I found lots of logs present in my JobServer in folder:

<Talend Enterprise DI Folder>\6.1.1\jobserver\agent\TalendJobServersFiles\jobexecutions\logs

I wish to clean all logs older than 2 months from now.

I found a parameter file below with subject about “CLEANING_OLD_EXECUTIONS_LOGS” in the file:

<Talend Entreprise DI Folder>\6.1.1\jobserver\agent\conf\TalendJobServer.properties

In this file I can found:

###############################################################
# Temporary data cleaning parameters
###############################################################

# Time in seconds between each cleaning action, set with 0 to disable all cleanings
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.FREQUENCY_CLEAN_ACTION=600

# Time in seconds before cleaning executions logs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_EXECUTIONS_LOGS=7776000
# Max executions logs to keep, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method.
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_OLD_EXECUTIONS_LOGS=1000

# Time in seconds before cleaning archives and deployed jobs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_JOBS=7776000
# Max archive and deployed jobs to keep, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method.
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_OLD_JOBS=200

# Time in seconds before cleaning cached libs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_LIBS=7776000
# Max cached libs to keep, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method.
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_OLD_LIBS=300

If I undertand correctly, it is writing that each logs older than 3 months are deleted. Instead of that, I found log for more than a year.

However, I had more than 1000 logs.

Someone can help me?

Thanks for considering my request.

3 REPLIES

Re: Cleaning of old logs

Hello,

The cleaning parameter from TAC are configurated in <Tomcat installation-installation-path>/webapp/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties

The settings in TAC-properties are the defaut one, you need to change them to fit your environment. Don't forget to restart Tomcat or Job Server to apply the changes whenever you modify the settings.

These settings are for all jobs, not only one job.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello,

First, thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay.

Sorry if I don’t understand but when I look the file:

<Tomcat installation-installation-path>/webapp/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties

I don’t understand what to do. First, I thought I will have the same bloc of parameter like the file “TalendJobServer.properties” but I just have:

• Information about database
  • c3p0 hibernate pool config
  • Misc parameters that contain only the password of the database.config
  • Default Admin Account Parameters

I feel lost.

Moreover, my tomcat on TAC folder is on a different server that my jobServer containing the logs I want to clean.

Are you sure we must update tomcat?

Could you be more precisely of what I must update? File and an exemple if possible?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

With your subscription solution, would you mind creating a case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?

https://login.talend.com/support-login.php.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.