Five Stars

Auto restart launch recovery

Hi Talend Experts,

I have a need to restart launch recovery automatically. 

This is what I did. 

1. I added error recovery of the subjobs. 

2. I can now launch them from the recovery section at TAC. 

For manually clicking it works fine. However, I want to make it automated. So if there is an error, it should skip that and go to the next one. After that, it should retry to run again after a while and in that run, it should only run that part that failed. Is that possible?

error_001.png

error_3.png

• Talend Administration Center
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Auto restart launch recovery

If you usecase is only file you handle that using tfileexist it will check for file b4 getting data from file. Then use if to skip that file.
5 REPLIES
Six Stars

If you usecase is only file you handle that using tfileexist it will check for file b4 getting data from file. Then use if to skip that file.
Five Stars

Thank you. Following your suggestion, I have created this and although it works, it is not robust as it will not work for other types of files or jobs. 

Is there a better approach? Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 11.43.15 pm.png

Six Stars

If you think my solution is working for you please give kudos or accept it as solution. Thanks.

Six Stars

Just check if you can only use tparallelize -> twaitforfile -> tfileinput -> tfileoutput
as per my knowledge if you select exit loop. It will check for file if exist else wait until file comes to that folder.

My recommend is give some notification if file does't exist instead of waiting for file.
Five Stars

Thanks. That worked too. 

I don't actually need this for a full solution. This was only for a proof of concept - the main work will involve database and hive tables. Thank you