Auto-Scheduling Talend jobs

Six Stars

Auto-Scheduling Talend jobs

Hello, 

I am new to Talend and using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration. I have built a job and want to put an auto-refresh on it. How can I enable that?

Thanks!

Nine Stars

Re: Auto-Scheduling Talend jobs

Hello ,

What do you mean by Auto refresh .

For Scheduling  a  already built TOS jobs , you will need to use a third party scheduling tool.

like Crontab in Linux. 

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Six Stars

I have to deploy a TOS job on a server. How do I auto-refresh it there? By auto-refresh I mean running the scripts after regular intervals. The server has Windows OS.

Thanks.

Nine Stars

For Windows , you can use Task scheduler.Upon build , one batch file is generated . We could use that BAT file to schedule

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-schedule-batch-file-run-automatically-windows-7

Hope this will help.

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Six Stars

Hello, 

I built the job and a zip file was created. I extracted this zip file. Now, where can I find the .bat file?

Thanks!

Nine Stars

Inside zip file , you will have folder with jobname. Inside that folder you
will have bat file.
Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Six Stars

Is this the batch file (highlighted in the picture), which I need to add in the Task Scheduler?

Nine Stars

Thants correct.

Just to help you , I found below link on internet 

https://www.datalytyx.com/scheduling-talend-open-studio-jobs-in-windows-without-talend-administratio...

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Six Stars

Thank you so much for the effort!

Six Stars

Though, every time it runs, it asks for the program with which it needs to open. Also, the Talend windows opens up but does not execute. Is there any alternative to it? (even other third-party apps are welcomed too, if this solution does not work out)

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads