Amc, Logging and Variable Calling

Four Stars

Amc, Logging and Variable Calling

Hello Community,

I have a couple of questions stated below - 

1. If I do not have AMC enabled on my TAC server, then how can I check logs and errors on TAC?

2. If there are two jobs J1 and J2, J1 has a variable x (not necessarily Global or context) having some integer value, is there a way to call this variable x within job J2?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Seven Stars

Re: Amc, Logging and Variable Calling

Hello dipanjan93,

1. If I do not have AMC enabled on my TAC server, then how can I check logs and errors on TAC?

Using the "Timeline" in TAC, you can call the execution details of a job to see console logging and output. Also available in the JobConductor "Actions" column and the context menu of a job in an execution plan.

2. If there are two jobs J1 and J2, J1 has a variable x (not necessarily Global or context) having some integer value, is there a way to call this variable x within job J2?

Including your information that the variable is e.g. created in a tJava component, the only way I see is to output this variable into a file in J1 and reading that file in J2.

Best regards,

Thomas

All Replies

Hello,

Talend Administration Center gives access to the Monitoring node which provides detailed monitoring capabilities.

For more information, please refer to online user guide about:TalendHelpCenter:Monitoring task execution and accessing logs.

For a real-life use case of these features, see Theory into practice: Executing and monitoring a data integration Job.

With your question 2, could you please set an example for us?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi @xdshi,

Lets say, I have defined and initialized the variable x inside tJava component having a value of 20. Please find the structure below -

tJava -----> int x = 20;

So can i use this variable in my subsequent jobs? (Though I do know that using context variable it is possible to do.)

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Hello dipanjan93,

Using the "Timeline" in TAC, you can call the execution details of a job to see console logging and output. Also available in the JobConductor "Actions" column and the context menu of a job in an execution plan.

Including your information that the variable is e.g. created in a tJava component, the only way I see is to output this variable into a file in J1 and reading that file in J2.

Best regards,

Thomas

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.