API to launch job Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor

One Star

API to launch job Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor

We're using Talend Enterprise Data Integration. We're building defining jobs and will launch them as web services. In order for them to run outside of Studio, I can save them in SVN and define them in Job Conductor, or I can export them to .WAR files, place them in the tomcat server folder and then launch them via HTTP Get.
I like the benefits of Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor (admin UI, history, tracking, etc.) but I need to launch the job via a web service call. It looks like there's an API at http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator/services/AdministratorWebService?wsdl but does anyone have samples, or docs on how to use it?
Thanks.
One Star

Re: API to launch job Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor

This question looks like it should be under Talend Enterprise Edition rather than Open Source forum.
I have not done this but did look into it once. How to do this is not documented, but I did find a post about how to do it. Unfortunately I cannot find that post now. I recall that there were two things that needed to happen:
1. Put all of your job launch parameters into JSON - same as if you were using the command line interface.
2. 64 bit UUENCODE the JSON and send it to the web service.
I never attempted this so not sure if it works. Let us know how it works out.
Seventeen Stars

There is a component tRunTask which does exactly this. Try this component:
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=894&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
I use this component in a standalone job which as triggered or embedded in a external application.
Inside the component section there is also a documentation.
One Star

Thanks for the pointer to tRunTask - it's exactly what I needed. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
-Steve
One Star

Good news.. the tRunTask works as advertised. The job runs and I see the Last Run date updated correctly in Job Conductor. Very nice.
Bad news... the job run doesn't show up in the Task Execution Monitoring grid view. I only see jobs that I initiate through TAC / Job Conductor.
Is this a limitation of tRunTask or do you think something is reconfigured?
Thanks again!
-Steve
One Star

Problem with viewing jobs was on my side. All set now. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
One Star

could anyone help me to run a talend data integration job via an android data collection app

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.